Three gin cocktail recipes to try this autumn
Tired of G&Ts? If you fancy mixing things up a little bit this autumn, here are three seasonal cocktail recipes that will make you fall in love with gin all over again.
They’re all really easy to make at home, perfect for impressing guests (or for sipping in front of the TV after a long week to up your Friday night aperitifs game).
The New Bramble
A slight twist on a classic gin cocktail, The New Bramble makes use of delicious blackberries which are at their best during early autumn. Eden Mill’s Love Gin is the perfect partner for this sweet and sour cocktail.
37.5ml Eden Mill Love Gin
10ml creme de mure
15ml blackberry puree
10ml sugar syrup
30ml lime juice
1. To make the blackberry puree, heat a handful of blackberries in a pan along with a couple of spoons of sugar until they break down. Leave to cool and squeeze through a sieve to make a smooth puree.
2. Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker, along with a generous helping of ice.
3. Shake well and strain into a a tumbler filled with ice. Garnish with fresh blackberries, a slice of lime and a sprig of mint.
Gin Espresso Martini
Espresso Martinis are usually made with vodka, but with the right gin they can be even better than the original. We’d recommend using Oro Gin for a rich, smooth blend of botanicals that lend themselves well to the strong flavours of a coffee-based cocktail.
60ml strong Italian coffee
40ml Oro Gin
10ml sugar syrup
1. Fill your cocktail shaker with ice, then pour in the Oro Gin, coffee and sugar syrup.
2. Shake well for around 12 seconds to mix the ingredients, chill the drink and create that lovely frothy top.
3. Double strain into a coupe glass or martini glass, then garnish with a few coffee beans.
Pear & Cucumber Cooler
If you fancy a refreshing break from all the rich, warming flavours of autumn (don’t worry, there’s plenty of time yet for a mulled wine or five…), try a Pear & Cucumber Cooler. Hendrick’s Gin goes famously well with cucumber, and it’s also a great match for pear.
25ml Hendrick’s Gin
25ml pear liqueur
15ml sugar syrup
25ml lime juice
1. Add a few cucumber slices to a cocktail shaker and muddle with a bar spoon.
2. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice, and top with Hendrick’s Gin, pear liqueur (we love Xante Pear Liqueur), sugar syrup and lime juice.
3. Shake well then strain into a tall glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a cucumber slice.